If you don’t know the term “responsive webdesign”, you’ll know what it is In about 10 seconds.
Responsive design creates a flexible and responsive web page optimized for the device that is accessing it. you can manage one website with a single set of links. This allows you to focus on link outreach with a consolidated Search Engine Optimization Strategy unified across devices.it provides an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of re-sizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices. The technique uses media queries that allow the page to use different CSS style rules based on characteristics of the device the site is being displayed on, most commonly the width of the browser.
A responsive design website changes its appearance and layout like an mobile app based on the size of the screen the website is displayed on. it provides an optimal viewing experience with easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling across a wide range of devices from mobile phones to desktop.
- Increases visitor engagement and converts traffic into sales
- Optimized for Smart phones
- High definition retina display
- No functionality loss
- Quick load times
- Compatible with All browsers
- Cost effective alternative to mobile applications
- Cms independence
Several reasons Why Responsive Web Design is the Best Option.
- As the smartphone and tablet adoption is rapidly increasing , so does the mobile-friendly websites is the trend .
- If search engine optimization is a core component of your online marketing strategy, then having a mobile friendly website is very essential.
- Mobile sales have overtaken already the desktop sales, and the mobile Internet usage is predicted to overtake desktop internet usage by end of 2014. Its logical that mobile search also will overtake desktop search , people wants to search on mobile , buy products and services on mobile rather then on desktop.
- Since 73 percent of users claim they are more likely to purchase from a mobile friendly website, companies that rely on digital marketing and SEO are wise to begin transformation to mobile-friendly websites, and responsive web design specifically.
1. Google recommends
With 67 percent search market share, Google states that, the responsive web design is its recommended mobile configuration,it refers it the industry best practice.
This is because
- Have one URL and the same HTML, regardless of device, which makes it easier and more efficient for Google to crawl, index, and organize content.
- Contrast this with a separate mobile site which has a different URL and different HTML than its desktop counterpart, requiring Google to crawl and index multiple versions of the same site.
- Content that lives on one website and one URL is much easier for users to share, interact with, and link to than content that lives on a separate mobile site.
2. One Website for all Devices
One of the most important feature of responsive web design is that it can provide a great user experience across many devices and screen sizes. This is an appealing characteristic , since its not possible to anticipate all the devices and screen sizes searchers will use to access your site.
A Responsive design works well regardless of these variations and provides a better and more consistent user-experience than a separate mobile site that is designed for a particular device and screen size.
Let’s take an example here
Mr. Abc searches for a product on his smartphone during a tea break at work. he finds a site that has the product he’s looking for, and decide to continue research on this product on the same site when he get home. Except, when he get home, he will use his desktop instead of his smartphone.
If the site in this example is responsive, this person will have a positive user-experience when transitioning from mobile to desktop because he will view the same site on his desktop as he did on the smartphone. On the other hand, if the site is a dedicated mobile site, this person will become frustrated with the fact that he has to locate the desktop version of the site, and find the product all over again.
3. Easy to Manage and lesser costs in SEO campaigns.
Having a separate desktop and mobile site requires separate Search engine optimization campaigns which leads in higher costs and becomes an time consuming process. however, Managing one site and one campaign is far easier than managing two sites and two campaigns. a responsive website has advantage over a separate mobile website.
- Responsive websites are recommended by Google,
- it allows one website to provide a great user experience across many devices and screen sizes, and it also makes managing your online marketing strategy very easier.
For these reasons, responsive web design is the best option you can get.