What is Responsive web design ?
- One website for all devices, it provides a great user-experience across many devices and screen sizes.
- A responsive design website changes its appearance and layout like an mobile app based on the size of the screen the website is displayed on. it provides an optimal viewing experience with easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling across a wide range of devices from mobile phones to desktop.
- As per Forbes , With a responsive website, businesses can be in front of consumers at every step of their online journey. People who search for a business’ site, begin reading content and viewing videos from their desktop computers at work, and then look for the same business on their smartphones during lunch are able to continue their research into products and services uninterrupted.
- “In contrast, if the business has a traditional website and a mobile site, someone investigating products and services online can become frustrated by the lack of complete content on the mobile site or the inability to navigate through the full site on her smartphone. She might give up the search altogether
- Responsive websites provide continuity between different viewing contexts, remaining completely agnostic to the type of device used and the size of the screen it has. What this means is that the same website will present an optimized layout regardless of which device it finds itself being loaded in.
- A research firm called strategy analytics, announced on October 17,2012 that the world has seen the 1 Billionth smart phone installation. It took the industry a long 16 years to achieve that landmark but the interesting part is that the next Billion of the smart phone install base is set to be achieved in less than next 3 years. Apart from smartphones there are about 250 million tablet owners that are accessing the internet from their devices.
- According to a Morgan Stanley report, Mobile internet usage is expected to match desktop usage by 2014. Even with this compelling evidence, the vast majority of business websites are still not mobile friendly. This is not only causing a headache for users but also a loss in business opportunity.